sunnuntai 12. kesäkuuta 2011

Collage Obsession: Time / Aika



When we talk about time, we usually think of the time wich can be measured in hours and days and months and years. But time has existed much longer, incomprehensibly longer, and there still are things and creatures wich lived on earth before mankind was born - like tortoises. Some things just don't change. I made this collage to be used as the front cover image in one of the journals I'm making (the back cover image is in the end of this posting). This collage is also my entry for Collage Obsession's challenge. - It's a long time since I posted anything on my blogs, and I apologize for this silence (I've had troubles with my health wich has turned from average to poor). But I'll try to post more often from now on.

Kun puhumme ajasta, ajattelemme tavallisesti tunneissa ja päivissä ja kuukausissa ja vuosissa mitattavaa aikaa. Aika on kuitenkin ollut olemassa jo käsittämättömän paljon kauemmin, ja vieläkin on olemassa asioita ja olentoja, jotka olivat maapallolla jo ennen ihmisen syntyä - kuten kilpikonnat. Jotkut asiat eivät vain muutu. Tein tämän kollaasin valmistamani muistikirjan kansikuvaksi, ja osallistun sillä Collage Obsessionin tämänviikkoiseen haasteeseen (tosin erittäin myöhässä). Tuolla alempana on vielä toinen kollaasi, jonka tein samaisen muistikirjan takakanneksi. - Käsittämättömän kauan on myö siitä, kun olen viimeksi postannut jotain blogeihini. Pyydän anteeksi tätä vaikenemistani, mutta sillä on syynsä (minulla on ollut terveysongelmia - terveyteni on muuttunut kohtalaisesta huonoksi). Mutta nyt yritän olla ahkerampi.

1 kommentti:

  1. Eila, I love your journal cover (front & back)! I especially like the clockworks that are in the top portion of the collage, the tortoise and whales.

    Plus, what wise words you've shared with us about the concept of "Time". I never thought about it that way!

    On a personal note, I hope you'll feel better soon, and your overall health becomes better than ever.

    Love, Tiffany

    VastaaPoista